**********
I sit in my car, waiting for the air conditioning
the heat from outside is unbearable.
Two hours from home, I have no global positioning
no idea where I am going, the weather is looking unfavorable.
An hour and a half from home, it has started to rain
I look around trying to find a road sign.
All this driving is giving me strain
the wind driving the rain in a straight line.
Now an hour from home, starting to find my way
the rain continues to fall, I can hear the thunder clap.
There is a strong wind blowing, the trees sway.
I shift in my seat, fast food sitting on my lap.
Half an hour more, the rain is letting up.
The sun begins to poke through the cloud
My food is gone, no more drink in my cup.
This music seems to be getting loud.
I pull into driveway, relieved its over.
All of the clouds are gone, the sun shines bright.
I look on the ground to see a four-leaf clover.
I let out a sigh, free of this blight.
No comments:
Post a Comment